Terms & Conditions
By accepting the services of Maid In Melbourne Cleaning Pty Ltd, the Customer is bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Please take some time to review this agreement, as use of our cleaning services constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT.
- By accepting the services of Maid In Melbourne Cleaning Pty Ltd, the Customer is bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Please take some time to review this agreement, as use of our cleaning services constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Maid In Melbourne will provide domestic cleaning services as agreed by us and the Customer at the time of booking. Any changes to the service must be agreed by Maid In Melbourne prior to the next service. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner;
- The Customer will provide the necessary cleaning products and equipment required by the Cleaner to provide the Service. All the equipment and materials provided by the Customer must be in full working order. Should the Customer require the Cleaner to provide any products and equipment, there will be an extra charge for each service. Maid In Melbourne cannot be held responsible for any damages to property when the Cleaner has been instructed to use the Customer’s products and equipment;
- By accepting a regular service, you agree to have a minimum of 4 consecutive (weekly or fortnightly) services. Should you cancel earlier than this, you agree to pay for four 2 hour services in full.
- All prices quoted are for one cleaner. Should the Agency allocate two cleaners to a job the time will be halved, for example a four hour clean will be completed in two hours by two people. Each cleaner having worked two hours, therefore being a four hour cleaning job.
- Payment is to be made by cash at the beginning of each service, unless a different method of payment is agreed upon by the office.
- Any price quoted by Maid In Melbourne is an estimate only determined on the information provided by the Customer and are given based on average room sizes of approximately 12-15 square metres. Rooms/living areas larger than this will require extra time. Please note that our Cleaners may upon viewing the property amend the quotation if the property conditions differ to those described to us when making the booking, or the customer alters their original requirements.
- If the service exceeds the quote provided by Maid In Melbourne, the Customer has the option of paying the increased fee to complete the service or pay the quoted amount without the Service being completed;
- To obtain a refund for any cleaning job, complaints must be notified to the agency within 24 hours of completion of the service. Maid in Melbourne strives to achieve complete customer satisfaction and will endeavour to resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
- A refund will not be given should the client not allocate the correct amount of time required to clean their home.
- All one off services (Spring Clean, Vacate Clean, Moving Clean) payment is to be made before the cleaner starts the service. Should you pay by EFT/direct debit, funds must clear in our account prior to service beginning. We reserve the right to cancel the service if payment has not been received prior to the service beginning.
- Any claims for damages to the Customers property must be notified within 24 hours and a Letter of Demand forwarded to the office within 4 days of the accident. Maid In Melbourne’s Public Liability insurance excludes loss of cash or jewellery;
- We may request access to the property to evaluate any damage/problem in an attempt to resolve the matter.
- If the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items such as the fridge, washing machine, bookshelves, etc. the Customer will move those items prior to the commencement of the service. Maid In Melbourne cannot be held responsible for damage to floors, including polished timber floors caused by the moving of customers’ furniture for the purpose of cleaning;
- The Customer will provide a safe working environment at their premises for the Cleaner to perform their tasks. Should the Customer have pets, they need to take adequate care to make sure they provide a safe environment for the Cleaner on the day of service;
- Our Cleaners are instructed not to enter an environment that they consider unsafe to themselves and their health. They will report any problems to Maid in Melbourne;
- Our Cleaners are to only step up to the second bottom rung of a step ladder. Cleaners will not step higher on a ladder or get up on chairs or tables to reach difficult areas.
- Should laundry be required, we request that the Customer sorts it in washing piles. Should the Customer not do this, we do not accept any responsibility for colours running or shrinkage. If you require hand washing an item you must give clear instructions to the Cleaner, otherwise it will go in the washing machine. If the Cleaner is unsure they will leave it aside.
- The Customer must give clear instructions if they do not want the Cleaner to put an item of clothing or linen in a dryer.
- The Customer must give clear instructions about ironing clothes or linen. The Cleaner takes no responsibility for any item being damaged whilst ironing. All items must be clearly labelled to avoid any damage.
- A cancellation fee will be applicable:
In the event that the Cleaner is not able to gain access to the property, for example the Customer has forgotten to leave out the key, or has locked the gate making the property inaccessible.
We require 24 hours’ notice of any cancellation of service, otherwise
The Customer agrees to pay a fee of $50 which is non-refundable.
- At the time of booking the Customer agrees to advise Maid In Melbourne if the property is an End of Lease Clean. Maid In Melbourne at no time guarantees the refund of a Bond on a rented property. There must be power to the property and use of hot water.
- Please note that we may not always be able to reschedule regular appointments. We will endeavour to give you the next possible available date.
- The Customer will at no stage engage the Cleaner to watch over their children whilst the Cleaner is in their home.
- The Customer will at no stage require the Cleaner to take care, or feed their pets. The Cleaner will not pick up or clean up animal faeces or pet bedding.
- PARKING – Should the Customer request that a Cleaner supply the cleaning products and equipment, the Customer will need to provide the Cleaner with a parking permit for on street parking in their street, or a guaranteed parking spot in their building that they may use whilst servicing the Client’s home. Please note that a ‘Visitors Car Space or Services Parking Space’ is not a guaranteed parking spot. If there is metered parking, the Client will cover the cost of the meter for the Cleaner.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Notification of amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be by posting them on the Maid in Melbourne website.
- All Maid In Melbourne Cleaners are self-employed. Whilst registered with Maid In Melbourne they are security checked and covered by Public Liability Insurance.